This Week/Next Week at City Hall – January 1, 2018
Community SCALE wants you to be aware of what’s happened/what’s coming up at City Hall each week.
- Please feel free to forward this email. If someone forwarded it to you and you want to be added to our email list, please email email@example.com
- Here are some of the events planned for the coming weeks. It’s always helpful to have community members attend to show interest in these topics, ask questions, etc. If you plan to attend any of these meetings, we’ll be glad to include your meeting summary in future articles.
Week of January 1 – what’s coming up
- 1pm & 7pm – City Council meetings, agenda includes
- Planning Commission Report
- Rezoning Z-33-17: North Hills NCOD, in the area bounded by Northbrook Drive, Tyrell Road, I-440, Lassiter Mill Road, and Gates Street (Midtown CAC)
- Z-19-17 Rock Quarry Road, at the southeast corner of its intersection with Sunnybrook Road (South CAC)
- Z-30-17 Oberlin Village HOD-G, east and west of Oberlin Road between Wade Avenue and Bedford Avenue (Hillsborough and Wade CACs)
- Z-26-17: Six Forks Road, at the southwest corner of its intersection with Shelley Road (Midtown CAC)
- Rezoning Z-13-17: Old Milburnie Road, on its east side, north and south of its intersection with Old Barbee Lane (Northeast CAC)
- Rezoning Z-20-17: Leesville Road, at the southeast corner of its intersection with Lynn Road (Northwest CAC)
- Rezoning Case Z-22-17 Trinity Road, north side, approximately 300' west of Corporate Center Drive (West CAC)
- Contract Award - Body Worn Camera Program - WatchGuard Video
- Rezoning Requests and Comprehensive Plan Consistency
- Walnut Creek Wetland Park Master Plan
- Rezoning Case Z-17-17 - 615 West Peace Street Conditional Use District
- Public Hearings
- Annual Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Program
- Petition Annexations - Various Locations
- Rezoning Z-17-17: 615 West Peace Street, southeast corner of the intersection with North Boylan Avenue (Hillsborough CAC)
- Rezoning Z-21-17: Louisburg Road, southeast corner of the intersection with James Road (Northeast CAC)
- Text Change TC-11-17: Senior Housing
- 3pm – Stormwater Management Advisory Commission, agenda includes
- Recommended projects and further review of proposed policy changes for the Stormwater Quality Cost Share Program.
- Another update on the Guidelines for Land Disturbing Activities (GLDA) related to permitting, inspecting, and enforcing stormwater management; floodprone area; erosion and sediment control; and watershed protection requirements.
- Highlights from the Stormwater Management Program budget that is being developed for the next fiscal year.
Falls of Neuse Area Plan update – comment through January 2
Greater Raleigh Convention & Visitors Bureau – In August 2017, the GRCVB began a year-long process to define Wake County’s future as a destination and to create a Destination Strategic Plan for the county. Since that time and under the directional guidance of Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), the consultant retained to assist with plan development, the GRCVB team has plotted various steps to understand the true opportunities and needs facing Wake County as a tourism destination. The process thus far has involved surveying 380 different stakeholders and interviews with nearly 60 different community groups. The GRCVB now seeks the input of the Wake County residents via an online survey, which will remain live through January 31, 2018.
Information on the Resident Survey
By completing the five-minute survey, county residents will provide valuable input on the future of the area as it grows into a more vibrant visitor destination. As a thank you for participating, residents who complete the survey can also be registered to win two great staycations, one in downtown Raleigh and the other in historic downtown Cary. The survey can be found at WakeCountyDSP.com/local.
All meetings at Raleigh Municipal Building, 222 West Hargett Street, unless otherwise noted.
Go to RaleighNC.gov to find links to latest meeting agendas and materials and also for updates on meeting cancellations.