This Week/Next Week at City Hall
July 3, 2017
Community SCALE wants you to be aware of what’s happened/what’s coming up at City Hall each week.
Please feel free to forward this email. If someone forwarded it to you and you want to be added to our email list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: If you are a CAC leader, please add email@example.com to your email distribution list so we can help publicize your activities. Also if you’d like us to add your group’s email distribution list to ours, please send it to us.
Week of July 3
Here are some of the events planned for the coming week. It’s always helpful to have community members attend to show interest in these topics, ask questions, etc. If you plan to attend any of these meetings, we’ll be glad to include your meeting summary in future articles.
Wednesday, July 5
1pm & 7pm – City Council – Agenda includes
Cameron Village and Hillsborough Street Area Plans in afternoon session.
Evening session includes public hearings on:
1. 2017 Transportation Bond Referendum
2. Petition Annexations
3. Street Closing STC-02-2017: Star Street
4. Street Closing STC-03-2017: Bagwell Avenue Alley
5. Utility Extension Agreement - 264 Investments - Continued Hearing
6. Rezoning Case Z-1-17 Falls of Neuse Road
7. Rezoning Case Z-4-17 M.E. Valentine Drive
8. Rezoning Case Z-5-17 Blue Ridge Road
9. Rezoning Case Z-7-17 Paint Rock Lane
10. Rezoning Case Z-8-17 Fox Road
11. Rezoning Case Z-32-16 Hillsborough Street
12. Rezoning Case Z-40-16 Oak Forest Road
13. Rezoning Case Z-46-16 Harden Road
14. Rezoning Case Z-42-15 Lake Wheeler Road
15. Text Change TC-3-17: Accessory Dwelling Unit Overlay District (-ADOD)
16. Text Change TC-20-16 Construction Barrier Safety Fencing
Thursday, July 6
10am – 2pm -- Planning 100 by 100 Pop-Up, Market & Exchange Plazas
Week of June 26
June 27 Hillsborough CAC and Wade CAC joint meeting. Good attendance. Bob Geary reported on his conversations with the mayor about CACs, and seemed cautiously optimistic about the Mayor’s promise to launch a citywide process within the next month or so, led by outside experts, to improve citizen participation in Raleigh government. The time frame could be as much as 2-3 years. Residents should continue letting elected officials know how valuable CACs are.
The Raleigh Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) has been updated with it's 3rd Supplement, January 2017 by adding the following text changes:
Falls of Neuse Area Plan Update
- The City of Raleigh is in the process of updating the Falls of Neuse Area Plan, which includes the area along Falls of Neuse Road from Durant Road to just north of the Neuse River.
- On June 21, the city held a workshop to explore potential land use scenarios at key locations along the corridor. Attendees were asked to consider alternatives and provide feedback on the options. View the presentation from the meeting.
- In order to obtain a broad range of input, the city has created an online survey based on the options presented at the workshop. Access the survey, and provide your feedback. Please provide responses by Friday, July 21.
- For questions, more information, or to provide your comments via email or phone, please contact Jason Hardin, the project manager for the plan update, at 919-996-2657 or at Jason.Hardin@raleighnc.gov.
All meetings at Raleigh Municipal Building, 222 West Hargett Street, unless otherwise noted.
Go to RaleighNC.gov to find links to latest meeting agendas and materials and also for updates on meeting cancellations.