Agenda for the Planning Commission special Committee of the Whole meeting to continue their review of the 2030 Comprehensive Plan. June 23, 2009, Raleigh Municipal Building City Council Chambers, Room 201, immediately following the regularly scheduled PC meeting (approximately 10:45 a.m.).
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE AGENDA
June 23, 2009 – Immediately following Planning Commission
Room 201 – Municipal Building
The following items will be discussed in the order in which they
appear on this agenda, unless otherwise determined by the Chairman.
- CP-1-09 2030 Comprehensive Plan. The proposed changes to the Comprehensive Plan update existing System Plans as Plan Elements; add new Elements addressing Land Use, Environmental Protection, Urban Design, Arts and Culture, and Regional and Interjurisdictional Coordination; replace the Urban Form Map and related guidelines with a Future Land Use Map; and reduce the number of Area Plans from 67 to 21. The Committee will begin review of the elements during this meeting. General topics related to the elements will be discussed. A number of area-specific future land use designation requests were made at or after the Public Hearing on March 19, 2009. The Committee will discuss the following listed requests; however, items listed in Section 1 of this agenda are the subject of a pending rezoning petition. The following itemized list contains a general location, reference number, draft land use designation for the parcel(s) in question and the requested land use designation.
1. Deferred/Site of Current Zoning Case
A. *East of I-440, south of Lake Boone Tr. (PH-18.2) Draft designation on the Future Land Use Map is Moderate Density Residential and Public Parks and Open Space. Commenter requests a change to Office & Residential Mixed Use and Public Parks and Open Space.
B. *Millbrook Rd. and Creedmoor Rd. (LT-011) Draft designation on the Future Land Use Map is Office & Residential Mixed Use. Commenter requests a change to Neighborhood Mixed Use.
C. *World Trade Blvd. south of Globe Rd. (LT-013.5; PH-13) Draft designation on the Future Land Use Map is Business Commercial Services. Commenter requests a change to Office/Research & Development.
2. Land Use Policies
A. Staff has drafted for consideration a policy addressing retail in the vicinity of freeway interchanges for inclusion in to Section A.11 “Retail Land Uses” of the Land Use Element.
3. Deferred Future Land Use Comments
A. Hillsborough St. to Morgan St. west of St. Mary’s St. (PD-11) Draft designation on the Future Land Use Map is High Density Residential. Commenter requests that a portion be designated Central Business District. Staff recommends this item be deferred.
4. Discussion of Comprehensive Plan Elements Pending Items Not Scheduled for Discussion:
- Z-4-09 Buffaloe Road, north side, west of I-540. 48.08 acres is requested to be rezoned from Conservation Management (CM) & Manufactured Housing (MH) to Conservation Management, Residential-10 CUD & Neighborhood Business CUD.